Friday, June 29, 2007

Boston, You're My (Second) Home





On May 19, David and I flew to Boston for his friend Adria's wedding. The beautiful Princeton, MA wedding started at 11:00 a.m. and we landed at Logan at 9:07 a.m. Needless to say, we rented a car and flew down the Mass Pike, and got there a stunning "only 15 minutes" late. We were proud. We had a minor setback in that they rented us a nasty Kia-something that looked like the previous renter's sole activity was throwing dirty junkyard parts on the front and back seats and rubbing them into the upholstery. Nonetheless, a very lovely ceremony was followed by an awesome dinner at a local lobster shack in Fitchburg, MA. I got to meet many of David's Chicago amies and everyone had great stories to share. From Fitchburg, we traveled to Concord, MA (start of the Revolution) to show David the cutest village green ever! and to walk to the Old North Bridge for ye olde towne centre. However, our stay in Concord was short, due to the fact that Friendly Fenway was a'calling. The Sox play the Braves at 2:05, but a rain delay took us (me, D, and J.F.Klug) to Anna's Tacqueria in Brookline and we got to the game just before it started. My other boyfriend David [Ortiz] did not disappoint, and I think he was 3 for 4 that game. Met my Boston friends in Somerville for dinner, and boo hoo, we only had Monday left to see my second city. We ran my old route the next day and I took David to Renee's Cafe in Somerville.....where i'll have to explain the "It's Yah Muffin" story in person. (I loves me the Boston accent somethin' terrible). We also got our does of aggressive East Coast driving, and I reminisced LOUDLY as it took us over 30 minutes to find parking in Cambridge at lunchtime. We walked around Harvard Square, wound our way to the North End for brick oven pizza and of course, ended our trip by double parking in front of Mike's Pastries. TTFN Beantown.

No comments: